Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

I drink Diet Coke for you!

Hi. My name is Kirsten, and I'm a Diet Coke-aholic. Don't act like you don't have issues! Pshaw!

All right, it is an issue for me, but as an adult with ADHD, I prefer to be heavily caffeinated rather than pumping any more prescription medications into my body than I already do (because, of course, I would develop severe hormonal imbalances at 36). And despite the preferences of most, I actually like the taste. 

So why in the world am I blogging about Diet Coke? Despite drinking this hideous monstrosity for the past twenty years, I only recently starting using My Coke Rewards. I knew about Coke points, but I never bothered to look into what they could be used for. Lo and behold, you can order magazines with Coke points. 

In an effort to promote literacy in the classroom, I am kindly donating my Coke points to my classroom. I am currently waiting for my first issue of Seventeen to arrive, and in just a couple of weeks, I should have enough points for Car & Driver

Now, when my students gripe about my one (there may be more, but let's play pretend today) bad habit, my response is, "I drink Diet Coke for you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment